SWOT Analysis of my skills

After doing the audit test, my results showed how my strengths lie in the skills of communication, time management and personal mystery. I acknowledge that I have portrayed these skills thoroughly, especially when working through progress, and I believe it is what has helped drive me as an individual and as a team member, to success.

Strengths:

• I am a critical thinker. When considering an initial idea, I like to think ahead and around the idea so that I can be sure that I am taking the right steps and decisions regarding the certain idea. I also like to ask myself questions to challenge my thinking further.
  • Time management. The audit test proved this, but I have always prioritised work above my other personal affairs as I value efficiency and organisation. Not often do I leave my work last minute, as I value it being of good quality yet being done within a specific time frame.
  • Communication. I am an active listener and whenever I have a certain doubt or query it is important that I clarify it instantly. If I also have misunderstandings regarding a specific task I usually don’t hesitate to clear it.
  • Personal mastery / Independence. Personally I have always preferred working individually as this enables me to self regulate my work and set personal goals. This is a strength regarding the upcoming CREST project as I will be able to individually plan and research accordingly.
  • Perseverance & resilience. This skill is mostly brought out on my athletic side when playing sports, however even in academics when I undergo a challenge or issue I tend to sustain my efforts and work towards overcoming the issue. This is important as the CREST will be challenging at times.
  • Regarding presentational skills for eg) throughout the means of an infographic, I can be very creative and innovative, presenting my ideas in an interactive manner.

Weaknesses:

• Decision making. Often, I find myself caught between two or more several ideas in which I cannot chose. This could be regarding a certain experiment I want to do or even the area of focus I chose my project on. Being indecisive loses time and I think I should be more straight forward when making decisions, and not overthink once I’ve made the decision as this can only cause uncertainties.
  • When I don’t follow the initial plan I can get distracted by different ideas. The burden of ideas can sometimes be unsettling as I struggle to sort out the information and end up losing efficiency.
  • When working collaboratively, if workload is not distributed evenly or a member isn’t motivated as much as they should be, this can cause me to become irritated and impatient.
  • If things don’t go to plan I have a tendency to stress and panic. This loses time and also reduces my self esteem and certainty regarding my project.

Opportunities:

• Doing a science project will enable me to explore my analytical skills regarding statistics and qualitative data, something which I haven’t done in a while.
  • This is an opportunity to explore the field of study in which I hope to study at university level- earth sciences and the environment. Hopefully I can gain more knowledge upon the earth and it’s processes

Threats:

• With the ongoing pandemic it may be hard to communicate with teachers wether I am on the right track. Different forms of feedback via emails, etc may be harder to interpret and understand regarding the areas of focus needed for improvement on the project.
  • It’s easy to get caught up with other work during the time of the pandemic and I may be setting too many ambitious, unrealistic goals. It will be important to stay on track.
  • Not being able to conduct physical experiments could decrease my range of primary sources available. I will therefore need to select reliable sources (but not too many) that can successfully help with my research findings.