My subjects are Global Politics(HL),Biology (HL), English B(HL), Maths (SL), Business (SL), Hindi Literature (SL). I think the most justified subject is
English (HL) following which is Hindi. I feel Languages are the most important as this is the only way through which we communicate and exchange are ideologies. As the world is becoming global the sense of communication is increasing . English is becoming the global language through which people are connected and are able to understand each other. Languages not only teach how to communicate but also the skill learnt while learning the languages be it analysing or be it comprehend things they last long lasting. Im believe that if you understand and learn a language you get a better understanding of everything.  The second subject that is important for me is Global Politics. As the name suggest learn about the politics of then world. I feel that as the world is progressing spun need to update yourself about the political issues going around the world. You not only learn the issues but you also learn about the causes and affect of it. You learn about the different forms of power . For example , hard power , soft power , smart power . After having this knowledge I can understand any injustice done using power. I also learn about the human rights, freedom and different concepts related tp it which gives me a better understanding of the world . I feel this are the only subjects where your thoughts and opinions are always given importance and are not considered wrong not right. Theres nothing wrong , nothing right .

I think biology is the least justified subject as you believe in the theory proposed by other scientist . Sometimes you stop challenging the theories. Also business is based upon the strategies that successful businessmen or companies have adopted and you study it. You refer to others ideologies and strategy to have a successful career ahead.

1. nal@gapps.uwcsea.edu.sg
    Sep 03, 2018

Thanks Aaliyah. Thank you for this post 🙂

I agree with much of what you have said about languages – they are indeed important! And as a joiner to an English-speaking school I know you have special insights here. And also with Global Politics where “human rights, freedom” and so on are as you say, so vital in today’s world. However, I am not sure you have really been thinking clearly about the question. I did not ask which you think is most important, but which is *best justified*. So you have answered a completely different question!

Please have a think about this -and perhaps you might read some fo teh other students posts. So here’s the thing for you – please try to be precise about the quesiotns, and answer accordingly.

Also interesting where you say “your thoughts and opinions are always given importance and are not considered wrong not right. There’s nothing wrong , nothing right.” If that correct? So if I say “I think Sweden is a dictatorship” or “Putin is always willing to obey the International Criminal Court” then that’s OK? I think I know what you are trying to say (What was it?), but you need to be much more precise with your language!

Thoughtful work Aaliyah. I hope my comments are helpful

Nick

Reply