LO5 CAS Reflection – Collaboration (AMK Minds Service)

I collaborated with AMK Minds Service (a center that works with people with mental health/disabilities). They usually come every Tuesday after school from 3:00 – 4:00.

It made it easy to work with them through the equipment we had. The equipment allows us to do many fun and moving activities with them. What was difficult is communication, as sometimes they can get quite excited or loud and communicating with them is sometimes difficult. However, the staff is always there to help us control them and make sure everyone is safe. Some things we were not sure of is whether the activities will be interesting to the clients, sometimes the clients can be disengaged and start falling out of interest. What I could do to become a more effective team player is communicate with people in my service and let them know what is going on. One thing that I hope to do is build stronger relationships with both my clients and the staff. I believe that if I am able to have a tight bond with my service then I will be able to maximise my efficiency as a team player.