LO6 CAS Reflection – Jakarta Street Kids

LO6 – Global Issue

In the first session of Jakart Street Kids Global Concern group, I learned more about the issue of street kids and recycling at a higher level of analysis. I learn the significance of this issue but also realized that because of so much work the issue of street kids in Jakarta has gotten so much better in the last few years. This may be a significant issue because there are several kids living in the streets with no income and food. This does not meet the SDG (sustainable development goals) and needs to be fixed. Furthrmore, my actions in this group both have a positive and negative impact. My positive impacts may be that I helped out and did fundraisers in order to promote recyclable products and money to help the kids out in Jakarta. However, me not recycling waste materials can also have a negative impact as they could have been used as an opportunity with JSK. My eyes have been opened with this experience. I think that I should take on a role in the future to be more helpful internally within the service. I think that if I was a logistics officer, I could assist run the team more effectively.