LO3 CAS Reflection – AMK Minds

Two months into this activity, I took on a leadership role. I was elected as the chairman of the service by my peers. Me being made chairman had automatically given me the responsibility and duty to take initiative. As I was a chairman, I had to plan activities hand-tailored for the clients (people with disabilities). The activities that I had planned were mostly movement and ball games as the name of the service entail (Movement and Games with AMK Minds). The activities were made for the clients to be engaged and get moving whilst having fun. I made these games so that I could bond and develop stronger relationships with my clients. The outcome, in the end, was quite successful. I was able to assign people roles as well as make a schedule for what was to happen. Post planning, most things were executed as to how I expected. My plans throughout the activity had changed as the clients’ needs and wants would change. I would often try and be creative to produce new activities for them (including racing with a ball) or playing football. I overcame unexpecting new things by always communicating with my Co-Chair. He and I were able to think of temporary activities or solutions on the spot so that we keep the clients engaged throughout the activity. To help out, I returned later on as the Chairman to assign over the new chairman. During the turnover process, I had written down tips and advice for the chairman as well as the members of the service on how to approach clients/activities.