Do we worry too much about the effects technology has on our lives? DPERS REFLECTION

We listened to three podcasts to help us answer the question ‘Do we worry too much about the effects technology has on our lives?’. They were podcasts from IRL’s podcast series on Technology Addiction, Daniel Lee’s Partnered Podcast Project and Pranav Harish’s Partnered Podcast Project. We took notes along the way about what quotes we found interesting, resonated with or questioned. These are my notes:

This is my reflection on the question – Do we worry too much about the effects technology has on our lives?

I do believe that we are justified when we think of the effects technology has had in our lives. It can changes our view of the world, how we work, study, function, connect and have fun and has changes us as a society. Yes, there are some negative repercussions of technology, But, I believe we often overlook the positive benefits of technology and the convenience, development, and platforms it has brought to our lives. These positives are exemplified only when we do not use it responsibly or moderately. Too much of a good thing can be bad as well. So in summation, technology is good, but we need to start using it responsibly instead of blaming the issues we see in our society on it.

One thought on “Do we worry too much about the effects technology has on our lives? DPERS REFLECTION

1. I agree with the idea you said about people always overlook the positive benefits of technology and convenience it brought to us. Now I am thinking how can I use the technology reasonably in order to benefit from it instead of getting the negative side and effects.