This Friday was my last RDA session in term 2. I was allocated to a boy called Tobi along with the other side- walker, Tanya. I have seen him a few times but today was my first time to work with him. I introduced myself to him and I tried to built a trust relationship with him. He was quite outgoing but sometimes he seems to be lost in a world of his own.

We led him do some warm-up at the start to strech his arms and legs. He could do it quite well. After that, we went straight into the riding session. I held his ankle throughout the session to ensure he would not fall down from the horse when he got excited. He seemed very energetic and thrilled. The instructor asked me and Tanya to watch out his sitting position and keep reminding him to straighten his body. I remembered the most word I said to Tobi was “STRAIGHT”.

To conclude this term, I have improved my communication skills and leading skills a lot. I started to know how to approach different riders with different disabilities. I learnt to be patient when working with them. It was a meaningful term to me.

For next term, I am looking forward to meet new riders!

LO 4 COMMITMENT (Showing perseverance, resilience and commitment in activities)

LO 5 COLLABORATION (Working together to achieve an outcome)