On the 25th of May we will be leaving for project week. My group is going to Cambodia to work with a service called ‘Free the Bears’. I think I will work on learning outcome 4 as we have to plan the activities with our service partners. We will also have to work collaboratively with our service partners and hence I will also be working on learning outcome 5. Our planning has been smooth so far. Our service partners have been very responsive and even when there have been doubts or forms for them to sign, they have been quick to respond. I am eagerly looking forward to this trip as I feel strongly towards animal welfare.
One challenge that we might face on project week is working in the wilderness as we are not accustomed to it, however, I am looking forward to doing service and contributing towards animal welfare.
I find this activity very enjoyable. I have learned how to use the application ‘procreate’ and make interesting creative art pieces on it. I think I am working on learning outcome 1 as this is a new skill that I am trying to hone. I have done art before but never digital art and I think this will be a useful skill even outside of school.
I have been thoroughly enjoying the yoga activity. We have recently tried several new poses such as the head stand and some back bends. I think I worked on learning outcome 2 as these poses were new to me and I found them challenging yet rewarding.
Some things that I have found difficult during this course are the inversions, however, I think I am improving at these as well. I thoroughly enjoy all the different exercises we do including the abdominal exercises and the breathing exercises. I have been doing yoga for a long period of time now and hope to continue it even in the following school year.
I recently participated in the SIMUN (Singapore International Model Untied Nations) conference. It was my first international conference and I found it very informative and enjoyable. I learned how a conference works as well as how to interact with people of different cultures to create a resolution. I thus worked on learning outcomes 5 and 6 as I had to work collaboratively to find a solution to an issue of global significance
One thing I’ve learned:
I have learned how to structure my introduction well as well as what to include while writing it. I also did some more research on the historical context of my topic as well as why it is important to write about the issue I am addressing.
What I’m proud of:
I am happy that I successfully managed to complete most of my introduction. I also got a clearer idea of how to structure the body paragraphs. After speaking to my EE supervisor I was able to understand the key things to include in the different parts of my essay.
What I’ll be doing next:
I will be completing my introduction and then do some more research about the language used as well as other features that propagate gender stereotypes in Disney films. I will then move on to doing my body paragraphs.