September 8

Drama Production – The Heart of Robin Hood Reflection

Reflection 1 – 24 Jan 2020

INVESTIGATION

I used to study drama for a year and I became very fascinated with this subject. I like the feeling of being totally immersed in another world, to feel the emotions of the character, and experience another life. Drama is challenging, performers need to control facial expressions, voice, movements, and so on, and it is challenging to hold full control of body movements. Therefore, with enthusiasm for drama and excitement for challenges, I signed up for the audition and was qualified for the show. At that time, I was very glad to participate in this event and was well aware that I had to take my responsibility and do my best to make this show perfect.

PREPARATION

A complete drama production must be contributed by many people: director, props managers, costume designers, performers, and so on. I was double cast so I acted both Sarah Summers and Ensemble. As a performer, my responsibility is to carefully analyze my character, hone my dramatic skills, and maintain good attendance.

ACTION

During the six-month preparation process, I learned to collaborate and gained confidence in standing in front of people. It was hard to perform close relationships with people you don’t know, so I talked to people I worked with, and the problem was solved when we became familiar with each other. In the beginning, I was too nervous to perform well in front of many people. But over time, we practiced again and again, and I gradually overcome this problem. Even when I was facing a larger amount of audience in the actual performances, I was not overly nervous.

Reflection 2 – 27 August 2020

This was my first attempt at a big acting event, and I was actually a little nervous. At first, I was worried that my mistakes would drag down the team. However, through the warm-up activities organized by Ms. Bye, I felt more adapted to the team and became more relaxed, so I was able to cooperate with others better. When I had questions about my role I would ask Ms. Bye so that I could play my role better. Also, I never miss rehearsals because I want to keep up with the team as best as I can. Through this series of preparation, I was more confident that I could perform at my best in the final performance.

At the end of each performance, everyone would leave the stage singing loudly. Every time to this moment, I will be particularly excited and emotion, and a sense of collective pride springs up. I had a great time!

Posted September 8, 2019 by gong93841@gapps.uwcsea.edu.sg in category CAS, LO 1 Awareness, LO 2 Challenge, LO 4 Commitment, LO 5 Collaboration, Reflection